DRAMA TECHNIQUES IN EDUCATION COURSE
Creating a Safe Environment for Exploring and Expressing inside the Classroom
DRAMA TECHNIQUES IN EDUCATION COURSE FOR TEACHERS
Drama is an popular subject in school in Europe. In this course, we adopt a cultural and historical approach to drama. The principles of this course are based on Vygotsky’s study on drama, culture and learning.
DRAMA TECHNIQUES IN EDUCATION COURSE DESCRIPTION
Drama is not merely an activity realized by a specialist performer to entertain or preach people in its traditional sense. It can also be used as an effective teaching-learning tool in schools wherein it engages its participant at physical, emotional, mental and social levels simultaneously.
Drama provides its participants an optimum opportunity to exercise their autonomy and consciousness in a safe and fictional space created in a particular context, while also helping teachers become critical thinkers in real-life situations. Drama is an increasingly popular subject in school curriculum in many countries in Europe. In drama lessons, teachers work with learners to produce dramatic texts. The process of learning is complex: drawing from a wide range of textual sources and semiotic resources, it engages and involves the body and the mind of learners in social and cultural activities. In this course, we adopt a cultural and historical approach to drama and learning analysis of a drama lesson. The principles of this course are based on Vygotsky’s work on drama, culture and learning. They are elaborated in relation to current concerns in cultural historical theory and also coherent to relevant and complementary approaches from critical cultural studies.
Methods of description and analysis drawn from the best practices in Europe will form part of the program.
OBJECTIVES OF THE creative drama in education COURSE FOR TEACHERS
- Understanding Creative Drama Theory
- Key aspects of using drama in education
- Improving teaching skills
- Improving communication skills
- Learning creative drama techniques and games
- Getting to know the use of creative drama
- Applying drama techniques in different subjects
- Practicing verbal and non-verbal communication
- Increasing students’ motivation throughout drama
- Preparing a drama activity for your classroom
- Using drama in assessment
- Detecting current good practices and developments in Europe
- Exchanging experiences and cross-cultural practices
- Sharing ideas and materials between colleagues
- Improving language and communication skills
- Increasing international cooperation and intercultural awareness
SCHEDULE FOR THE creative drama as a teaching method COURSE FOR ERASMUS+ TEACHERS
09:00-10:00 Meeting – Getting to know each other
10:00-11:00 Introduction to the curriculum
11:30-13:30 Introduction to Creative Drama
14:00-15:00 Drama in education
09:00-10:00 Basic drama techniques and its applications
10:00-11:00 Drama techniques and its applications
11:30-13:30 Drama techniques and its applications
14:00-15:00 Suitable drama techniques for each subject
09:00-10:00 Body movements and theatre games
10:00-11:00 Role of body movement in education
11:30-13:30 Drama for effective learning
14:00-15:00 Frozen picture / still image
11:30-13:30 Imaging your story-based on specific teaching area
14:00-15:00 Presentation of activities and feedback
09:00-10:00 Best practices in Europe
10:00-11:00 Drama as an assessment technique
11:30-13:30 Course overview and evaluation
14:00-15:00 Europass Mobility and Participation Certificates
5 days – 25 hours
* Please contact us for 7, 10, 14, 21 days courses!
* Materials, certificates and cultural activities included!
*Other course days are available, please ask for specific dates.
23.05.2022 > 27.05.2022
04.07.2022 > 08.07.2022
05.09.2022 > 09.09.2022
07.11.2022 > 11.11.2022
24.04.2023 – 28.04.2023
24.07.2023 – 28.07.2023
27.11.2023 – 01.12.2023
*Our teacher training courses can fully be funded by Erasmus+ program.
* Please contact us for all inclusive options or specific services depending on your needs and preferences.
- Responsible PLUS PROJECT
- Porpuse Answer you query.
- Legitimation Your consent.
- Recipient NAMECHEAP.
- Usage Rights Access, correct and erase data.