MINDFULNESS COURSE FOR TEACHERS
Mindfulness in schools for reducing stress and promote Mental Health
MINDFULNESS COURSE FOR TEACHERS
The objective is to provide a comprehensive development in students, improving their social skills, reducing anxiety and promote kindness towards oneself and towards others
MINDFULNESS COURSE FOR TEACHERS DESCRIPTION
In the last decade mindfulness programs in classrooms have had a very important development. In schools, the results are very positive and promising.
The objective is to provide a comprehensive development in children and adolescents, increasing their socio-emotional capacities, improving concentration, attention, and their typical interest and curiosity at their age, their innate capacity for emotional regulation, reducing stress and anxiety, facilitating interpersonal relationships, as well as their self-esteem, self-knowledge and self-confidence, improving kindness towards oneself and towards others. The objective of this course is to teach school teachers to apply mindfulness with the students in classroom by themselves, without the help of an expert mindfulness professional.
After this course, the teachers will acquire the necessary competencies for applying the practice of mindfulness with the students in an autonomous, serious and responsible way, according to the needs of the educational centres.
OBJECTIVES OF THE MINDFULNESS COURSE FOR TEACHERS
- Learning the keys to mindfulness in the classroom as a teacher
- Using the mindfulness method in the classroom
- Knowing techniques and exercises to work on emotional education and emotional intelligence
- Understanding the negative effects of stress and anxiety that students can suffer
- Putting into practice numerous relaxation strategies in the classroom
- Practicing mindfulness with children (techniques, games and activities)
- Acknowledging limitations and difficulties
- Detecting current good practices and developments in Europe
- Exchanging experiences and cross-cultural practices
- Sharing ideas and materials between colleagues
- Improving language and communication skills
- Increasing international cooperation and intercultural awareness
SCHEDULE FOR THE MINDFULNESS COURSE FOR TEACHERS
09:00-10:00 Meeting – Getting to know each other
10:00-11:00 Introduction to the curriculum
11:30-13:30 Introduction to mindfulness in education
14:00-15:00 The characteristics of children and mindfulness
09:00-10:00 How to explain what mindfulness is to children?
10:00-11:00 Keys to mindfulness in the classroom
11:30-13:30 Practicing mindfulness through the body and breathing
14:00-15:00 Techniques, games and activities to practice mindfulness
09:00-10:00 Techniques, games and activities to practice mindfulness
10:00-11:00 Exploration of different types of body scanner
11:30-13:30 Connecting with the body through sound
14:00-15:00 Connecting with our emotions through bodily sensations
09:00-10:00 Kindness practices for children: loving, gratitude, generosity
10:00-11:00 Best practices in Europe
11:30-13:30 Prepare a 15 minute session for the classroom
14:00-15:00 Prepare a 15 minute session for the classroom
09:00-10:00 Presentation of activities and feedback
10:00-11:00 Children’s resistance and difficulties that may arise
11:30-13:30 Course overview and evaluation
14:00-15:00 Europass Mobility and Participation Certificates
5 days – 25 hours
* Please contact us for 7, 10, 14, 21 days courses!
* Materials, certificates and cultural activities included!
*Other course days are available, please ask for specific dates.
24.01.2022 > 28.01.2022
07.03.2022 > 11.03.2022
02.05.2022 > 06.05.2022
04.07.2022 > 08.07.2022
05.09.2022 > 09.09.2022
07.11.2022 > 11.11.2022
13.03.2023 – 17.02.2023
03.07.2023 – 07.07.2023
06.11.2023 – 10.11.2023
*Our teacher training courses can fully be funded by Erasmus+ program.
* Please contact us for all inclusive options or specific services depending on your needs and preferences.
- Responsible PLUS PROJECT
- Porpuse Answer you query.
- Legitimation Your consent.
- Recipient NAMECHEAP.
- Usage Rights Access, correct and erase data.