MULTICULTURAL TEACHING COURSE
Erasmus Plus educational training for the Inclusion of Immigrants and Refugees
MULTICULTURAL TEACHING COURSE FOR ERASMUS+ TEACHERS
Today multi-cultural classrooms are a reality, then it is key for teachers to be prepared to face it and take benefit from it by promoting empathy and the sense of belonging
MULTICULTURAL TEACHING ERASMUS+ COURSE DESCRIPTION
Due to the recent rapidly expanding cultural diversity caused by the growing increase in the number of immigrants and refugees into Europe’s education systems, school systems are facing strong challenges because of multicultural students entering or already present in their school system.
Also, the cultural background of the students is having a profound impact on their education and lives, and understanding it stands as a part of the teachers’ current mission. Since multi-lingual and multi-cultural classrooms are a clear reality, then it is vital that teachers are prepared to face it and take benefit from it by promoting empathy and the sense of belonging to a same class / same school and to have common stories and especially common futures, analyzing how the barriers to a positive classroom environment work, identifying their own biases and realizing the power of multicultural education in the classroom/school.
The objective of this course is to resolve those challenges by increasing the teachers’ awareness of cultural diversity, detecting the needs of the present educational systems when dealing with cultural diversity in schools, developing methods and teaching material for multicultural education programs, concerning the students’ cultural background and adapting the lessons to these students’ specific needs, gaining practical ideas on how to apply different communication strategies in different cross-cultural contexts, exploring solutions to the challenges of working with migrants and refugees, and developing a plan for integrating intercultural training into your institutions and classrooms.
OBJECTIVES OF MULTICULTURAL EDUCATION TRAINING
- Deepening the concept of Multiculturality and principles of Multicultural Education
- Refugee resettlement experience and specific needs of refugee students
- Understanding cultural background of students
- Identifying our own biases as teachers
- Importance of inclusion of migrant & refugee children in EU societies
- Strategies for responding to the trauma effects
- Practical suggestions for your school to have a welcoming environment
- Building a community within the classroom
- Learning culturally responsive instructional strategies
- Responsive classroom applications for intercultural communication
- Explore different activities to promote empathy
- Practical ways to deal with cultural differences in classroom
- Connecting refugee students in school to the local community
- Techniques for national language acquisition for migrants and refugees
- Supplementary activities in and out of the school
- Detecting current good practices and developments in Europe
- Exchanging experiences and cross-cultural practices
- Sharing ideas and materials between colleagues
- Improving language and communication skills
- Increasing international cooperation and intercultural awarene
SCHEDULE FOR THE MULTICULTURAL COURSE FOR ERASMUS+ TEACHERS
09:00-10:00 Meeting – Getting to know each other
10:00-11:00 Introduction to the curriculum
11:30-13:30 Multicultural education theory
14:00-15:00 The principles of Multicultural Education
09:00-10:00 Multicultural Positive class / school environment
10:00-11:00 The characteristics for a multicultural school
11:30-13:30 The characteristics of a multicultural teacher
14:00-15:00 Rising empathy and inclusion between students
09:00-10:00 Multicultural instruction methods
10:00-11:00 Practical tools for implementation
11:30-13:30 Cultural mediator figure in schools
14:00-15:00 Methods for language acquisition
09:00-10:00 Practical ways to deal with cultural differences
10:00-11:00 Supplementary activities in and out of school
11:30-13:30 Developing your own action plan
14:00-15:00 Developing your own action plan
09:00-10:00 Presentation of activities and feedback
11:30-13:30 Best practices in Europe
14:00-15:00 Evaluation of the course – Europass Mobility and Certificates
5 days – 25 hours
* Please contact us for 7, 10, 14, 21 days courses!
* Materials, certificates and cultural activities included!
* Other course days are available, please ask for specific dates.
21.02.2022 > 25.02.2022
25.04.2022 > 29.04.2022
20.06.2022 > 24.06.2022
22.08.2022 > 26.08.2022
24.10.2022 > 28.10.2022
23.01.2023 > 27.01.2023
15.05.2023 > 19.05.2023
18.09.2023 > 22.09.2023
*Our teacher training courses can fully be funded by Erasmus+ program.
* Please contact us for all inclusive options or specific services depending on your needs and preferences.
- Responsible PLUS PROJECT
- Porpuse Answer you query.
- Legitimation Your consent.
- Recipient NAMECHEAP.
- Usage Rights Access, correct and erase data.