PHILOSOPHY FOR CHILDREN COURSE
Teaching Reasoning and Argumentative Skills – Course for Erasmus Plus Teachers
PHILOSOPHY FOR CHILDREN COURSE
The teachers who participate in our courses will acquire the capability to teach argumentation and reasoning skills
PHILOSOPHY FOR CHILDREN ERASMUS+ COURSE DESCRIPTION
Philosophy for Children, or P4C, is an approach to learning and teaching which enhances children’s thinking and communication skills, boosts their self-esteem, and improves their academic attainment.
In P4C, a stimulus, such as a story, a video clip or an image, is shared with a group of children; then, the children are encouraged by a trained facilitator, such as a teacher, to come up with the kind of big, engaging philosophical questions about the stimulus which are at the heart of P4C. It aims to demonstrate how important philosophy is for the development of critical and creative thinking.
The teachers who participate in our courses will acquire the necessary skills to develop and apply the Philosophy for Children Program in the daily teaching practice of their classroom or educational context.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PHILOSOPHY FOR CHILDREN COURSE FOR TEACHERS
- Introducing P4C theory and practice
- Understanding the role of the teacher in the classroom
- Facilitating a P4C enquiry in your classroom
- Learning the Children’s Philosophy Program: Matthew Lipman and his method
- Identifying resources to stimulate rich discussions
- Providing tools to develop students’ questioning and thinking skills
- Connecting P4C to the curriculum
- Putting philosophical enquiry into practice
- Learning P4C measurement and evaluation tools
- Developing the ability to use language effectively
- Critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinking
- Current good practices and developments in Europe
- Exchanging experiences and cross-cultural practices
- Sharing ideas and materials between colleagues
- Improving language and communication skills
- Increasing international cooperation and intercultural awareness
SCHEDULE FOR THE PHILOSOPHY FOR CHILDREN COURSE FOR ERASMUS+ TEACHERS
09:00-10:00 Meeting – Getting to know each other
10:00-11:00 Introduction to the curriculum
11:30-13:30 General and learning characteristics of P4C
14:00-15:00 The theory of P4C
09:00-10:00 The basic philosophical contents for children
10:00-11:00 Resources to stimulate rich discussions
11:30-13:30 Philosophical questioning and dialogue
14:00-15:00 P4C enquiry in your classroom
09:00-10:00 The role of the teacher in the classroom
10:00-11:00 Communication and language efficiency
11:30-13:30 Critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinking
14:00-15:00 P4C resources and sources of teaching materials
09:00-10:00 P4C sample plans
10:00-11:00 Designing your own classroom activity for P4C
11:30-13:30 Designing your own classroom activity for P4C
14:00-15:00 Presentation of activities and feedback
09:00-10:00 Integration of P4C to the general curriculum
10:00-11:00 Best practices in Europe
11:30-13:30 Measurement and evaluation in P4C
14:00-15:00 Evaluation of the course – Europass Mobility and Certificates
5 days – 25 hours
* Please contact us for 7, 10, 14, 21 days courses!
* Materials, certificates and cultural activities included!
*Other course days are available, please ask for specific dates.
25.04.2022 > 29.04.2022
18.07.2022 > 22.07.2022
17.10.2022 > 21.10.2022
27.02.2023 > 03.03.2023
19.06.2023 > 23.06.2023
23.10.2023 > 27.10.2023
*Our teacher training courses can fully be funded by Erasmus+ program.
* Please contact us for all inclusive options or specific services depending on your needs and preferences.
- Responsible PLUS PROJECT
- Porpuse Answer you query.
- Legitimation Your consent.
- Recipient NAMECHEAP.
- Usage Rights Access, correct and erase data.