TEACHING GIFTED CHILDREN COURSE
Meeting the Learning Needs of Gifted and Talented Children
GIFTED CHILDREN COURSE FOR TEACHERS
This course will educational professionals build a comprehensive skills for both identifying and teaching to these children, from primary to high school.
GIFTED CHILDREN ERASMUS+ COURSE DESCRIPTION
Gifted education refers to the broad set of practices, pedagogy and theories used when teaching to students who have been identified as “gifted” or “talented.”
While there is no universal definition of what it means to be a student who is gifted and talented, it is mostly defined as demonstrating outstanding levels of aptitude and/or competence in one or more domains. The issues of gifted pupils have increasingly gained ground in Europe in recent decades. To maximize the potential of the gifted learner, it is essential to improve the flexibility of schools, to diversify teaching methods and techniques, to enrich the content of the curriculum and to increase the qualifications of the teachers who work with gifted learners.
If you are one of those teachers who is not limited to the traditional classroom, this course will allow you to reach a group of students who enjoy creative and academic challenges, to have an in-depth insight into the different world of the gifted child, which is essential to empower teachers to work effectively with the gifted.
This course will help you build a comprehensive range of highly practical, high-interest skills for both identifying and teaching to these children, from primary to high school.
OBJECTIVES OF THE GIFTED CHILDREN COURSE FOR TEACHERS
- Learning the general characteristics of gifted children
- Identifying & diagnosing
- Learning characteristics and behaviours of gifted students
- Do’s and Don’ts of teaching to gifted students
- Meeting the needs of gifted learners
- Tips for teaching gifted students
- Teaching strategies that utilize technology
- Enrichment and Bloom’s taxonomy
- Importance of parent collaboration
- Organizing classroom environment and social interactions
- Acknowledging specialized programs
- Learning how to behave with gifted students and bullying
- Gifted students and school failure
- Assessment and evaluation of gifted learners
- Detecting current good practices and developments in Europe
- Exchanging experiences and cross-cultural practices
- Sharing ideas and materials between colleagues
- Improving language and communication skills
- Increasing international cooperation and intercultural awareness
SCHEDULE FOR THE GIFTED CHILDREN COURSE FOR ERASMUS+ TEACHERS
09:00-10:00 Meeting – Getting to know each other
10:00-11:00 Introduction to the curriculum
11:30-13:30 General and learning characteristics of gifted students
14:00-15:00 Diagnosis techniques of gifted students
09:00-10:00 Educational needs of gifted students
10:00-11:00 Learning and teaching strategies for gifted students
11:30-13:30 Planning activities for gifted students
14:00-15:00 Enrichment and acceleration activities and Bloom Taxonomy
09:00-10:00 Special programs for gifted students
10:00-11:00 High level thinking and questioning skills
11:30-13:30 Developing problem-solving skills
14:00-15:00 Project-based learning and interdisciplinary approaches
09:00-10:00 Difficulties in classroom activities
10:00-11:00 Best practices in Europe
11:30-13:30 Designing your own classroom activity for gifted students
14:00-15:00 Presentation of activities and feedback
09:00-10:00 Social interaction and parent cooperation
10:00-11:00 Prevention of bullying and school failure of gifted students
11:30-13:30 Measurement and evaluation of gifted students
14:00-15:00 Evaluation of the course – Europass Mobility and Certificates
5 days – 25 hours
* Please contact us for 7, 10, 14, 21 days courses!
* Materials, certificates and cultural activities included!
*Other course days are available, please ask for specific dates.
07.02.2022 > 11.02.2022
11.04.2022 > 08.04.2022
06.06.2022 > 10.06.2022
08.08.2022 > 12.08.2022
10.10.2022 > 14.10.2022
12.12.2022 > 16.12.2022
06.03.2023 – 10.03.2023
26.06.2023 – 30.06.2023
30.10.2023 – 03.11.2023
*Our teacher training courses can fully be funded by Erasmus+ program.
* Please contact us for all inclusive options or specific services depending on your needs and preferences.
- Responsible PLUS PROJECT
- Porpuse Answer you query.
- Legitimation Your consent.
- Recipient NAMECHEAP.
- Usage Rights Access, correct and erase data.