GAMIFICATION IN EDUCATION COURSE
Training course for Erasmus Plus teachers in the importance of learning through games
GAMIFICATION COURSE FOR TEACHERS
Games give a meaning to experiences, they provide a set of boundaries within a safe environment to explore and they provide motivation to succeed and reduce the sting of failure.
GAMIFICATION IN EDUCATION COURSE DESCRIPTION
Bringing change to education is a mighty challenge. No matter how effective an educational strategy proves to be, there are numerous obstacles that stand in the way of its widespread adoption in classrooms.
Apart from convincing policymakers and educational leaders that games and video games can serve as powerful educational tools, also many educators are unsure of how to integrate games into their curriculum, whether they’re teaching in preschool, primary schools, secondary schools or even universities. However, Gamification can be successfully used to improve both learning and teaching. Using gamification in the classroom helps engaging students by directly involving them in the learning process and makes learning and instruction fun and immersive. Games give a meaning to experiences, they provide a set of boundaries within a safe environment to explore, think, and try things out. They provide the motivation to succeed and reduce the sting of failure.
Games are an ideal learning environment, with their built-in permission to fail, encouragement of out-of-box thinking, and sense of control. After all, it specifically takes teachers out of their traditional role as the centre of the classroom and the source of all classroom knowledge. Whether it teaches new content or reviews previously learned information, game play provides a fun and engaging strategy for educators to incorporate into instructional practices. This practice-based course is for those teachers, instructors and professionals from all levels who are interested in applying gamified teaching in their classrooms.
In this course you will learn how to prepare a successful gamified learning experience for your students, design your own content and adequate educational games for your student’s needs and level, techniques and tools to introduce gamification into your classroom with best practices and examples.
OBJECTIVES OF THE GAMIFICATION IN EDUCATION COURSE FOR TEACHERS
- Getting to know Gamification theory
- Acknowledging the advantages of Gamification
- Teaching strategies for Gamification
- Integrating games into your course plan
- Applying gamification with/without technology
- Choosing the adequate game for your class and some open sources
- Gamification and interdisciplinary approaches
- Developing problem-solving skills through Gamification
- Integrating ICT into Gamification
- Designing your own gamified classroom activity
- Assessment and evaluation with Gamification
- Detecting current good practices and developments in Europe
- Exchanging experiences and cross-cultural practices
- Sharing ideas and materials between colleagues
- Improving language and communication skills
- Increasing international cooperation and intercultural awareness
SCHEDULE FOR THE GAMIFICATION COURSE FOR ERASMUS+ TEACHERS
09:00-10:00 Meeting – Getting to know each other
10:00-11:00 Introduction to the curriculum
11:30-13:30 Introduction to Gamification
14:00-15:00 Advantages and limitations of Gamification
09:00-10:00 Key points of an effective gamified class
10:00-11:00 Learning and teaching strategies for Gamification
11:30-13:30 Gamifying strategies to create related context
14:00-15:00 Choosing the right game for your gamified class
09:00-10:00 Key points to implement gamification successfully
10:00-11:00 Gamification and interdisciplinary approaches
11:30-13:30 How to integrate ICT into your gamified class
14:00-15:00 How to gamify your class
09:00-10:00 Preparing a gamified lesson plan
10:00-11:00 Designing your own gamified classroom activity
11:30-13:30 Designing your own gamified classroom activity
14:00-15:00 Presentation of activities and feedback
09:00-10:00 Best practices in Europe
10:00-11:00 Assessment and evaluation with Gamification
11:30-13:30 Course overview and evaluation
14:00-15:00 Europass Mobility and Participation Certificates
5 days – 25 hours
* Please contact us for 7, 10, 14, 21 days courses!
* Materials, certificates and cultural activities included!
*Other course days are available, please ask for specific dates.
31.01.2022 > 04.02.2022
04.04.2022 > 08.04.2022
30.05.2022 > 03.06.2022
01.08.2022 > 05.08.2022
03.10.2022 > 07.10.2022
05.12.2022 > 09.12.2022
09.01.2023 > 13.01.2023
01.05.2023 > 05.05.2023
04.09.2023 > 08.09.2023
*Our teacher training courses can fully be funded by Erasmus+ program.
* Please contact us for all inclusive options or specific services depending on your needs and preferences.
- Responsible PLUS PROJECT
- Porpuse Answer you query.
- Legitimation Your consent.
- Recipient NAMECHEAP.
- Usage Rights Access, correct and erase data.