Gamification in Education Course
Gamification in Education Course for teachers
Gamification in Education Course description
The Gamification course goal is to learn techniques that transfer the mechanics of games to the educational field in order to achieve better results, either to better gain some knowledge, improve some skills, or reward specific actions, among many other objectives. Recently it is a very preferred methodology in education, since it increases the attractiveness of learning processes, innovation, fun, productivity, the ability to retain concepts and the acquisition of skills. In this course you will learn the elements of gamification, the types of gamification, the gamification tools in education, applying gamification in the classroom, examples of gamification in education and much more. After this course, our participants will be able to change the dynamics of their classroom by replacing the traditional role of the teacher, by creating an ideal learning environment through games that meet the learners’ needs.
Objectives of Gamification in Education Course for teachers
- To acknowledge gamification versus ludification
- To get to know mechanics, techniques and dynamics of classic gamification
- To learn the use of gamification in classroom
- To effectively use pointing system, badges and competition
- To integrate ICT into your gamified class
- To create a safe, positive and fun environment for gamification
- To learn different gamification examples for teaching
- To design your own gamification project for classroom
- To detect current good practices about inclusive education
- To exchange ideas, experiences, materials and cross-cultural practices between colleagues
- To improve language and communication skills
- To increase international cooperation and intercultural awareness
Schedule for the Gamification in Education Course
09:00-10:30 – Getting to know each other – Team building – Challenges & Hopes
10:30-11:00 – Course Introduction: Presentation of the program & course objectives
11:00 – 12:00 – Definition, principles, goals, benefits and challenges of gamification
12:00 – 13:00 Gamification vs Ludification vs Game Based Learning vs Gaming – what are the differences?
13:00 – 14:00 First steps toward gamification (real – world gamification examples)
DAY 2 – Game theory
9:00 – 10:30 The pyramid of Elements of Gamification (Werbach&Hunter)
10:30 – 11:00 Game theory in lesson plan design
11:00 – 13:30 Group workshop: Play, score, learn (designing the game)
13:30 – 14:00 How does game theory relate to psychology?
DAY 3 – Fun theory
9:00 – 10:00 A theory of fun for Game Design (Koster, Raph)
10:00 – 11:00 The fun theory in real life
11:00 – 14:00 Group workshop: Gamification of education using computer games (best gamification tools)
DAY 4 – Designing a Gamified Classroom
9:00 – 10:30 How to gamify the lesson plan? (gamification planning template)
10:30 – 11:30 Gamified lesson plan – tools, tips and resources for teachers
10:00 – 13:00 Preparing own gamified lesson plans
13:00 – 14:00 Presentation of the lesson plans (debate, feedback)
9:00 – 10:30 Evaluating classroom gamification
10:30 – 11:30 Trends on educational gamification
11:30 – 12:30 Best practices in Europe
12:30 – 13:30 Course overview
13:30 – 14:00 Evaluation of the course – Europass Mobility and Certificates
#CreatingNewInnovativeOrJointCurriculaOrCourses #NewLearningAndTeachingMethodsAndApproaches #InnovativeTeachingMethods #DigitalSkillsAndCompetences #Pbl #Motivation #ProblemSolving #Collaboration
5 days – 25 hours
* Please contact us for 7, 10, 14, 21 days courses!
* Materials, certificates and cultural activities included!
*Other course days are available, please ask for specific dates.
17/07/2023 – 21/07/2023
06/11/2023 – 10/11/2023
12/02/2024 – 16/02/2024
29/07/2024 – 02/08/2024
25/11/2024 – 29/11/2024
15/04/2024 – 19/04/2024
* Our teacher training courses can fully be funded by Erasmus+ program.
* Please contact us for all inclusive options or specific services depending on your needs and preferences.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to improve your teaching skills and experience a new city at the same time!