OUTDOOR LEARNING COURSE
Learning in a Real World Context – Training Course for Erasmus Plus Teachers
OUTDOOR LEARNING COURSE FOR TEACHERS
The objective of this outdoor learning training is to offer a foundation and an overview of what outdoor education can be able to provide to all students.
OUTDOOR LEARNING COURSE DESCRIPTION
Outdoor Learning usually refers to a learning process that takes place outdoors. Outdoor Learning programs sometimes involve living in residential places or traveling to places with wild nature.
These experiences are based on students participating in a variety of adventurous challenges and outdoor activities such as hiking, climbing, canoeing, rope courses and group games. When learning is carried out outdoors, teachers comment on its great influence are such as children’s behaviour improves, the whole class is eager to learn, and those students who are inhibited by the curriculum often develop and progress in the outdoor environment.
Playful activities are not only a fundamental element for the enjoyment of childhood, but they also teach children crucial life skills such as problem solving, teamwork and creativity. The objective of this course is to offer a foundation and an overview of what outdoor education contributes. It deepens in the benefit of a regular and deep contact with nature, beyond occasional or seasonal visits, so that people who accompany children and young people such as educators, teachers and therapists, can apply the resources and the principles discussed here in our daily work.
This course is also for those who are in charge of leading their school’s outdoor learning and for those who want to apply outdoor learning through environment and nature by modifying the culture, vision and values of their school.
OBJECTIVES OF THE OUTDOOR LEARNING COURSE FOR TEACHERS
- Learning the methodology of outdoor education
- Learning the benefits of direct contact with nature in the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of childhood
- Becoming aware of the wide variety of possibilities offered outdoor as a classroom and learning environment
- Using the educational resources provided by nature
- Knowing the international scope of the pedagogical movement of outdoor schools
- Reinforcing the bond of childhood with nature through free play and respectful accompaniment
- Promoting the development of the senses
- Developing responsibility and healthy lifestyles and habits.
- Adopting positive attitudes towards the environment, fauna and flora, developing empathy
- Encouraging creativity through different types of expression.
- Receiving practical skills to teach outdoor (routines, games, resources)
- Detecting current good practices and developments in Europe
- Exchanging experiences and cross-cultural practices
- Sharing ideas and materials between colleagues
- Improving language and communication skills
- Increasing international cooperation and intercultural awareness
SCHEDULE FOR THE OUTDOOR LEARNING COURSE FOR ERASMUS+ TEACHERS
09:00-10:00 Meeting – Getting to know each other
10:00-11:00 Introduction to the curriculum
11:30-13:30 Introduction to Outdoor Education
14:00-15:00 Theoretical base
09:00-10:00 Nature as a classroom
10:00-11:00 The role of nature in the learning, development and well-being
11:30-13:30 A collaborative, safe and supportive environment to learn
14:00-15:00 Outdoor learning risk assessment and benefits
09:00-10:00 How to use nature as a setting and tool in schools
10:00-11:00 Strategies and tools to bring nature closer to the different fields
11:30-13:30 Practical skills to teach outdoor
14:00-15:00 Sample games, resources, practicalities
09:00-10:00 Teaching Literacy with Natural Elements
10:00-11:00 Teaching mathematics with Natural Elements
11:30-13:30 Adopting your subject to Outdoor Learning
14:00-15:00 Communication and Authority in outdoor learning
09:00-10:00 Real sessions for participant teachers at the park or beach
10:00-11:00 Evaluation of activities and feedback
11:30-13:30 Best practices in Europe
14:00-15:00 Evaluation of the course – Europass Mobility and Certificates
5 days – 25 hours
* Please contact us for 7, 10, 14, 21 days courses!
* Materials, certificates and cultural activities included!
*Other course days are available, please ask for specific dates.
04.04.2022 > 08.04.2022
06.06.2022 > 10.06.2022
08.08.2022 > 12.08.2022
10.10.2022 > 14.10.2022
12.12.2022 > 16.12.2022
13.02.2023 – 17.02.2023
05.06.2023 – 09.06.2023
09.10.2023 – 13.10.2023
*Our teacher training courses can fully be funded by Erasmus+ program.
* Please contact us for all inclusive options or specific services depending on your needs and preferences.
- Responsible PLUS PROJECT
- Porpuse Answer you query.
- Legitimation Your consent.
- Recipient NAMECHEAP.
- Usage Rights Access, correct and erase data.