STEAM TEACHING COURSE
Would you like to be an expert at STEAM teaching and make technical lessons more enjoyable for everyone? Join us!
STEAM COURSE FOR TEACHERS
This teacher training course includes a blended program, thanks to which you will learn different ways of mathematics/science teaching, as an alternative to the above-mentioned traditional lesson structure.
INNOVATIVE MATHS & SCIENCE TEACHING COURSE DESCRIPTION
Those who learned mathematics or science through a traditional method will surely find this scene familiar: the teacher arrives in the classroom, and s/he begins with a theoretical explanation, teaches ways to solve exercises on the blackboard, which are then copied by the students, and finally, if time allows, s/he helps students to do some more exercises and we are done!
Yes, it sounds boring, and for some even frustrating! Yet, unfortunately, this scene is not part of the past, because we know that it still repeats nowadays in many classrooms, in many countries. A fact that shows how valid this traditional way of teaching technical classes in OECD countries is the scores that are still low in PISA, a study which evaluates the application of mathematics/science in a given context. However, it is important to note that those students are almost never taught to put their knowledge into practice and, instead, they continue to work with mathematics in an abstract and theoretical way. Another common issue which is directly related to low mathematics / science achievement is students’ negative attitude towards those subjects due to traditional teaching techniques. Therefore, this teacher training course includes a blended program, thanks to which you will learn different ways of mathematics/science teaching, as an alternative to the above-mentioned traditional type.
Our course program includes ICT in maths and sciences, STEM applications, project-based case studies, ethnomathematics (teaching math by relating it with students’ culture), maths / science in real life and maths & science for fun activities that are going to inspire the teachers who are willing to innovate their classes.
OBJECTIVES of the stem training course for teachers
- Identifying the characteristics of innovative Maths & Science teaching
- Learning innovative evaluation techniques for Innovative Maths & Science teaching
- Recognising alternative ways and approaches to teach Maths & Science
- Selecting the most efficient approaches to adopt for your own group of students
- Using ICT tools in Maths & Science teaching
- Integrating STEM into your classroom
- Getting to know project-based teaching
- Teaching Maths & Science by relating it with students’ culture
- Using Maths & Science in real life
- Learning Maths & Science for fun activities
- Creating related class content by analysing student needs and background
- Sample classroom activities for a successful innovative class
- Detecting current good practices and developments in Europe
- Exchanging experiences and cross-cultural practices
- Sharing ideas and materials between colleagues
- Improving language and communication skills
- Increasing international cooperation and intercultural awareness
SCHEDULE FOR THE INNOVATIVE MATHS & SCIENCE TEACHING ERASMUS+ COURSE
09:00-10:00 Meeting – Getting to know each other
10:00-11:00 Introduction to the curriculum
11:30-13:30 What is & what is not innovative teaching?
14:00-15:00 Most common innovative approaches
09:00-10:00 Adopting the best approach for specific groups of students
10:00-11:00 Innovative techniques for teaching Maths & Science
11:30-13:30 Using ICT tools in education
14:00-15:00 Using ICT tools in education
09:00-10:00 What is STEM?
10:00-11:00 Sample STEM activities to use in classroom
11:30-13:30 Project-based teaching in Maths & Science
14:00-15:00 Sample Project-based teaching activities
09:00-10:00 Ethnomathematics & ethnoscience
10:00-11:00 Sample activities to relate Maths & Science with culture
11:30-13:30 Maths & science for real life
14:00-15:00 Maths & science for fun
09:00-10:00 Creating your own content about a specific objective
10:00-11:00 Creating your own content about a specific objective
11:30-13:30 Best practices in Europe
14:00-15:00 Evaluation of the course – Europass Mobility and Certificates
5 days – 25 hours
* Please contact us for 7, 10, 14, 21 days courses!
* Materials, certificates and cultural activities included!
*Other course days are available, please ask for specific dates.
07.02.2022 > 11.02.2022
21.03.2022 > 25.03.2022
16.05.2022 > 20.05.2022
11.07.2022 > 15.07.2022
19.09.2022 > 23.09.2022
21.11.2022 > 25.11.2022
23.01.2023 > 27.01.2023
15.05.2023 > 19.05.2023
18.09.2023 > 22.09.2023
*Our teacher training courses can fully be funded by Erasmus+ program.
* Please contact us for all inclusive options or specific services depending on your needs and preferences.
- Responsible PLUS PROJECT
- Porpuse Answer you query.
- Legitimation Your consent.
- Recipient NAMECHEAP.
- Usage Rights Access, correct and erase data.